The 1st Conference of the Polish Society of Plant Experimental Biology was organized by the Department of Plant Physiology and Biotechnology, Faculty of Biology, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn. The Conference program included plenary sessions, four thematic sessions:
- Molecular conditions of plant development
- Mechanisms of plant resistance to stress
- Genetic engineering in quantitative and qualitative plant improvement
- Plant ecophysiology as a factor of plant production and environmental protection
- Workshop “Arabidopsis”
- Students’ session and Poster sessions.
The Conference Organizers aimed at presenting the current research problems dealt with by Polish plant physiologists, plant molecular biologists and plant cell biologists. The Conference participants were researchers from Polish universities, representatives of the Polish Academy of Sciences, branch institutes, and members of the Committee of Plant Physiology, Genetics and Breeding, Polish Academy of Sciences. It was also a great honor to welcome scientists from foreign universities to our Conference.