The program of the 5th Conference of PSEPB includes opening lecture followed by three days, during which 12–14 plenary lectures will be presented by invited guests in 6 thematic sessions, accompanied by respective poster presentations. Every afternoon there will be a place for intense thought exchange in panel discussions, followed by the short oral presentations selected by the session organizers from all submitted abstracts.
- PSEPB Executive Committee meeting
- Opening ceremony
- Opening lectures:
- Adam Chmielewski: “Evolutionary aesthetics as a meeting point of philosophy and biology”
- Przemysław Prusinkiewicz: “Exploring plant development with computational models and simulations”
- Welcome party.
September 7 – J. Purkyně Day – organismal level
- Introduction by Viktor Žárský: Jan Evangelista Purkyně (1787 – 1869) and the establishment of cellular physiology – Wrocław as a Central European cradle for a new science”
- Session 1: “Signaling networks regulating environmental stress responses”; organizers: Stanisław Karpiński, Zbigniew Miszalski
- Session 2: “Emerging role of plant cuticle in plant development and defense”; organizer: Pradeep Kachroo
- General Assembly of PSEPB.
September 8 – E. Strasburger Day – cellular level. The Strasburger Day is recognized as a New Phytologist Symposium
- Introduction by Dieter Volkmann: “Eduard Strasburger: founder of modern cell biology”
- Session 3: “The vesicle or there and back again”; organizers: Przemyslaw Wojtaszek, Anna Kasprowicz
- Session 4: “Plant cell wall adaptations to biotic and abiotic stresses”; organizer: Ewa Mellerowicz
September 9 – J. Parnas Day – molecular level
- Introduction by Andrzej Dżugaj
- Session 5: “RNA metabolism in plants”; organizer: Zofia Szweykowska-Kulińska
- Session 6: “Organellar triangle – nucleus, mitochondrion, chloroplast”; organizers: Hanna Jańska, Grzegorz Jackowski
- Closing ceremony.
Official language of the Conference is English. All lectures, posters as well as abstracts must be given or submitted in English.
- Registration open: December 10, 2010
- Early registration closed: April 30, 2011
- Late registration closed: July 31, 2011
- Submissions open: December 10, 2010
- Submissions closed: April 30, 2011. Please keep in mind that abstracts submitted after this date may not appear in conference materials.
Basic fee includes: entrance to all plenary and poster sessions, panel discussions, opening ceremony and welcome party, coffee breaks and lunches, conference printed materials. Full fee additionally includes the banquet. Accompanying person fee includes entrance to the opening ceremony and welcome party, coffee breaks and lunches. The banquet may also be selected as an option.
- Basic fee, PSEPB member: 500 PLN
- Full fee, PSEPB member: 650 PLN
- Basic fee, non-member: 650 PLN
- Full fee, non-member: 800 PLN
- One-day fee, PSEPB member: 250 PLN (with banquet: 400 PLN)
- One-day fee, non-member: 300 PLN (with banquet: 450 PLN)
- Basic fee, student/PhD student: 350 PLN
- Full fee, student/PhD student: 500 PLN
- Accompanying person: 250 PLN (with banquet: 400 PLN)
- Full fee, invited speaker and session organizer: 0 PLN.
- Basic fee, PSEPB member: 600 PLN
- Full fee, PSEPB member: 750 PLN
- Basic fee, non-member: 750 PLN
- Full fee, non-member: 900 PLN
- One-day fee, PSEPB member: 350 PLN (with banquet: 500 PLN)
- One-day fee, non-member: 400 PLN (with banquet: 550 PLN)
- Basic fee, student/PhD student: 450 PLN
- Full fee, student/PhD student: 600 PLN
- Accompanying person: 350 PLN (with banquet: 500 PLN)
- Full fee, invited speaker and session organizer: 0 PLN.
- City guided tour
- Botanical Garden tour
- Panorama of the Battle of Racławice (requires an additional fee: 25 PLN)
- Multimedial Fountain Wrocław.
The organizers of the conference will be engaged in booking of the rooms in student dormitories only, where single guest rooms (107 PLN/night) and double student rooms (65 PLN/night/person) were booked for participants. Room prices in students dormitories are subject to change next year (maximum of about 10%). Additionally, several rooms for participants of the conference have been reserved in hotels listed below. Participants may book the rooms in these places on more convenient conditions using “Wroclaw 2011” password, via email or phone, without exceeding the specified time given below (where applicable). We do not guarantee the place in these hotels and the fixed prices afterwards. Accommodation for invited speakers and session organizers will be arranged by the conference office. Please, be aware that at the same time as our conference some cultural events will be held in Wroclaw, which may limit available accommodation places.
- Hotel Pension John Paul II ****. Reservation with password applies until July 1, 2011: single room (with breakfast) – 250 PLN, double room for 1 person (with breakfast) – 280 PLN, double room (with breakfast) – 350 PLN.
- Hotel Patio ***. Reservation with password applies until May 1, 2011: single room (with breakfast) – 335 PLN (September 5–9, 2011) and 265 PLN (September 9–11, 2011).
- Hotel Campanile **. Reservation with password applies until June 15, 2011: single room (with breakfast) – 200 PLN. Double room (with breakfast) – 220 PLN.
- Student Dormitory (Kredka, Ołówek): single room – 107 PLN. Double room – 65 PLN/person.
Brief description of rooms in Student Dormitory (Kredka, Ołówek):
- double room: studio-type rooms with small kitchen corner, refrigerator. Common bathroom for two rooms. Please provide roommate’s first and last name in the special requests field during registration to avoid accidental roommate assignment
- single guest room: rooms with small kitchen, refrigerator, television. Common bathroom for two rooms.
- Lunch and coffee breaks are included in the basic fee. Lunch will be served in Oratorium Marianum, University of Wrocław, from the 7th to 9th of September, 2011 from 12.30 pm to 2.00 pm.
- Welcome party will take place in Oratorium Marianum on September 6, 2011 after opening lecture.
- Banquet will be held in the Museum of Architecture on September 8, 2011 from 8 pm.
- Participant shall ensure breakfasts and dinners on their own.
- Vegetarian meals will also be available.
5th Conference – important contacts
- For general questions please contact Dr. Edyta Gola, +48 71 375 4092.
- Any questions regarding registration and payments should be directed to Dr. Elżbieta Myśkow, +48 71 375 4091.
- Should you have any questions related to accommodation please contact Dr. Katarzyna Sokołowska, +48 71 375 4090.
Looking forward to seeing you in Wrocław,
President of PSEPB