The program of the 1st Conference of PSEPB includes:
- Session A: Molecular conditions of plant development
- Session B: Mechanisms of plant resistance to stress
- Session C: Genetic engineering in quantitative and qualitative plant improvement
- Session D: Plant ecophysiology as a factor of plant production and environmental protection
- Poster sessions
- Students’ session
- Workshop “Arabidopsis”.
Open discussion: Genetically modified organisms – perspectives and risks
Chairmen: Edward Gwóźdź, Jan Szopa-Skórkowski, Przemysław Wojtaszek, Janusz Zimny:
- PSEPB Executive Committee meeting
- General Assembly of the PSEPB Founding Members
- Welcome party.
- Opening of the conference – R. J. Górecki, PSEPB President
- Awarding the title of the Honorary Professor in UWM in Olsztyn to Dr. C. Hedley.
- C. L. Hedley: “Development of starch granule molecular and supramolecular structure”
- A. Tretyn, J. Kopcewicz: “Molecular mechanisms of plant development”
- E. Gwoźdź: “Cellular and organospecific responses of plants to abiotic stress – involvement of hydrogen peroxide and nitric oxide”
- J. Szopa-Skórkowski: “Biotechnological plant improvement”
- F. Dubert, E. Nalborczyk: “Ecophysiological factors of crop productivity”.
Session A: Molecular conditions of plant development; chairman: J. Kopcewicz:
- G. Dąbrowska, J. Jagielska, S. Wrotek, A. Tretyn: “Identification and characteristicPharbitis nil cDNA encoding protein of binding chlorophyll”
- E. Frączek, S. Weidner: “Translational regulation of preharvest sprouting of Triticosecalecaryopses”
- R. Malinowski, N. Tagashira, M. Filipecki, P. Gaj, S Malepszy: “Identification and characterization of two XTH related genes involved in cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) somatic embryogenesis”
- A. Wiśniewska, M. Filipecki, A. Pietraszewska, S. Malepszy: “Characterization of new genes expressed during cucumber somatic embryogenesis”
- A. Pszczółkowska, J. Olszewski, G. Fordoński, K. Płodzień, T. Kulik: “Identification of plant pathogenic Fusarium species using PCR methods”
- P. Wojtaszek: “Molecular mechanisms of generation and maintenance of plant cell polarity”
- R.J. Górecki, L.B. Lahuta, M. Horbowicz: “α-D-galactosides in seeds of Vicia genus”
- L. B. Lahuta, R. J. Górecki, E. Gojło, M. Horbowicz: “Accumulation of raffinose family oligosaccharides and galactosyl cyclitols in developing Vicia seeds”
- J. Legocka, A. Żarnowska: “Role of polyamines in cytokinin-regulated physiological processes”.
Session C: Genetic engineering in quantitative and qualitative plant improvement; chairman: J. Szopa-Skórkowski:
- B. Grabowska, M. Figlerowicz: “Development of an effective method of selective RNAi-induced gene silencing in legumes”
- J. Hennig, M. Krzymowska, A. Barabasz, A. Mac, B. Bieniak, M. Charzyńska: “Functional analysis of gluB gene in Solanum tuberosum plants”
- Ł. Kłóska, W. Szarek, R. Cegielski, J. Troczyńska, L. Drozdowska: “Optimisation of tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum L.) regeneration and transformation conditions”
- J. Kępczyński: “Manipulation of ethylene biosynthesis and perception”
- B. Michalczuk, L. Michalczuk: “Ethylene production in senescing organs of transgenic petunia carrying maize IAA-glucose synthase gene”
- M. Łukaszewicz, J. Szopa: “Flavonoid biosynthesis modification in transgenic plants”
- W. E. Pluskota, D. J. Michalczyk, R. J. Górecki: “Activity of promoters of phenylalanine-ammonia lyase gene from pea in transgenic tobacco plants”
- Z. Rybka: “Changes of geneexpression during acclimatization and deacclimatization of wheat seedlings to low temperature”
- E. J. Sawicka-Sienkiewicz, H. Augustyniak, M. Jakubowicz, M. Rurek, G. Pietkiewicz, L. Styszko: “Development of molecular markers useful for selection of the potato genotypes resistant to potato cyst nematodes (Globodera rostochiensis)”
- J. Wojciechowicz, R. J. Górecki, A. B. Legocki, M. Figlerowicz: “RNAi as a specific antiviral immune system in plants”.
Fireplace, marina on Lake Kortowskie.
Session A continued; chairman: J. Kopcewicz:
- A. K. Banaś, H. Gabryś: “Sugars and chloroplast movements: interaction between sugars and light signaling pathways”
- M. Bojko, J. Kruk, S. Więckowski: “Plastoquinones incorporated in sodium cholate micelles are effectively reduced by ferredoxin:NADP+ oxidoreductase”
- W. I. Gruszecki, W. Grudziński, D. Niedźwiedzki, Z. Krupa: “Protectional excitation quenching in the photosynthetic antenna complexes”
- J. Grzyb, M. Bojko, A. Waloszek, D. Latowski, S. Więckowski: “Preliminary characteristic of quinone binding site on ferredoxin:NADP+ oxidoreductase molecule”
- B. Myśliwa-Kurdziel, K. Strzałka: “Fluorescence lifetime of protochlorophyllide in etiolated leaves, isolated etioplast membranes and in model systems”
- E. Niewiadomska, A. Haag-Kerwer, Z. Miszalski, R. Ratajczak: “Photorespiration and regulation of catalase activity in leaves of C3-CAM intermediate plant Mesembryanthemum crystallinum L.”
- K. Strzałka, D. Latowski, K. Burda: “The role of membrane fluidity in regulation of molecular mechanism of the xantophyl cycle”
- A. Anielska-Mazur, J. Dobrucki, A. Timmers, H. Gabryś: “Light-induced in vivoreorganization of actin cytoskeleton in leaves of Nicotiana tabacum transformed with the plastin-GFP”
- W. Krzeszowiec, H. Gabryś: “Light-induced changes of actin architecture in plant cells and their role in chloroplast movements”
- D. Kwiatkowska: “Surface expansion of the shoot apical meristem in Arabidopsis thaliana”
- M. Lenartowska, K. Jaworski, R. Lenartowski, J. Niedojadło, D. J. Smoliński, B. Wróbel, E. Bednarska: “Role of the apoplast in Ca2+ metabolism during the pollen-pistil interaction”
- J. Bohdanowicz, E. Szczuka, J. Świerczyńska, J. Pasiak: “The influence of abiotic factors on microtubular cytoskeleton during microsporogenesis and pollen grain development in Gagea lutea (L.) Ker.-Gaw.”, cancelled
- E. Myśkow: “The mode of ray initiation affects the rate of double storied pattern formation in cambium”.
Session D: Plant ecophysiology as a factor of plant production and environmental protection; chairman: F. Dubert:
- M. Kozłowska, P. Pukacki, E. Brzezińska, M. Rybus-Zając: “Effect of increased UV-B radiation on conifer metabolism”
- E. Skórska: “Estimation of crop plant susceptibility to UV-B radiation”, cancelled
- I. Sowik, B. Borkowska, D. Wawrzyńczak, L. Michalczuk: “Morphological characteristics and photosynthetic activity of selected strawberry clone with enhanced resistance to Verticilium wilt”
- P. Sowiński, A. Rudzińska-Langwald: “Chilling-sensitivity of maize. In search of new directions”
- M. Iqbal: “Plant growth and yield as affected by environmental factors”
- J. Dziejowski: “Microcalorimeter for heat effects measurements of plant metabolic processes”.
Session B: Mechanisms of plant resistance to stress; chairman: E. Gwóźdź:
- K. Drzewiecka, P. Goliński: “Salicylic acid accumulation in transgenic tobacco plants inoculated with harpin”
- J. Floryszak-Wieczorek, Z. Górski, G. Milczarek, M. Arasimowicz, H. Jackowiak, A. Ciszewski: “Pathogen elicits nitric oxide and other free radical forms in pelargonium leaves”
- B. Leszczyński, A. Wójcicka, H. Matok, A. Urbańska, R. Krzyżanowski: “Mechanisms of cereal resistance towards aphids”
- I. Morkunas: “Relationship between carbohydrate level and infectivity, development ofFusarium wilts under the yellow lupine germination”
- M. Sobczak, S. Fudali, S. Janakowski, A. Karczmarek, W. Golinowski: “Expression of cellulases and expansins during induction and maintainance of syncytia induced by potato cyst nematode (Globodera rostochiensis) in roots of susceptible tomato”
- Z. Miszalski, I. Ślesak, A. Haag-Kerwer, E. Surówka, M. Libik, K. Gawrońska, E. Niewiadomska: “CAM induction and oxidative stress in Mesembryanthemum crystallinum”
- W. Pokora, A. Aksmann, Z. Tukaj: “Activity of superoxide dismutases in Scenedesmus (Chlorophyta) species and strains depends on growth phase, growth rate and medium composition”
- A. Rzepka, J. Krupa, I. Ślesak: “Hypoxia and photosynthetic activity in relation to identification of chosen elements of the antioxidative system in leaves of Mnium undulatum”
- B. Szal, A. M. Rychter: “Oxidative metabolism after anaerobiosis in barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) seedlings”
- K. Oracz, R. Bogatek: “Oxidative stress in germinating mustard seeds (Sinapis alba L.) induced by sunflower allelopathic compounds”
- W. Borucki: “Localization of enzymatic activity in pea root nodules under abiotic stress conditions”
- Z. Krupa, M. Krupa, W.I. Gruszecki: “Do heavy metals induce significant changes in spectral characteristics of chlorophylls in terrestrial higher plants? The effects of Cd, Cu, Ni, and Zn on rye seedlings”
- A. Małecka, A. Piechalak, K. Wasinkiewicz, B. Tomaszewska, L. Ciszewska: “Gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase (EC.188.8.131.52) – functions in Pisum sativum and Brassica napusplants under leadion ion stress”
- M. Rurek, A. Wojtkowiak, H. Augustyniak: “Influence of thermal stress on protein pattern of lupine mitochondrial complexes”
- D. Solecka, J. Żebrowski, A. Kacperska: “Low temperature modifies cell wall mechanical properties and expansion growth of leaves”.
Chairmen: A. Jerzmanowski, A. Jarmołowski:
- Round Table Discussion: Research on Arabidopsis in Poland
- J. Brzeski: “Biochemical characteristics of the chromatin-remodeling enzyme DDM1”
- M. Derba, A. Jarmołowski, P. Wojtaszek: “Silencing of gene expression for secondary cell wall protein from Arabidopsis thaliana – functional analysis”
- H. Gawrońska, M. Ciurzyńska, M. Wiench, S. W. Gawroński: “Gene expression profiling inArabidopsis as influenced by lead – microarray analysis”
- A. Kasprzewska, A. Kacperska: “Role of chitinases in plant growth and development – effect of Arabidopsis thaliana chitinase gene function disturbances”
- E. U. Kurczyńska, M. D. Gaj, I. Tomala, P. Stachoń: “Histological analysis of somatic embryos induction of Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh. in in vitro culture”
- J. Maceluch, A. Jarmołowski: “RNA interference-mediated silencing of the expression of plant pseudouridine synthase NAP57”
- D. Nabiałkowska, I. Szalejko: “Comparison of the frequency of somaclonal changes amongArabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh. plants regenerated from root and shoot explants”
- J. Sadowski, D. Babula, M. Kaczmarek, P. Ziółkowski, A. Stańko: “The model plantArabidopsis thaliana: implications from analysis of gene redundancy to genome functional plasticity”
- T. J. Sarnowski, S. Świeżewski, G. Rios, A. Jerzmanowski: “Genes of the family AtSWI3from Arabidopsis – homologues of yeast chromatin regulator – characteristics and analysis of physiological functions in plants”
- A. Stańko, A. Ludwików, D. Babula, J. Sadowski: “Superoxide dismutase – a first line of defense against ROS”
- T. Z. Szczęsny: “Cell divisions and expansion in CLAVATA3 expression domain of Arabidopsis thaliana shoot apex”
- P. Ziółkowski, J. Sadowski: “Bioinformatic and physical analysis of Arabidopsis and Brassicagenomes”
- A. Wierzbicki: “Histone H1 is indispensable for maintaining the DNA methylation standard in Arabidopsis”.
Summary of the poster session
Chairman: S. Lewak.
Final discussion, closing ceremony
Chairmen: R. J. Górecki, P. Wojtaszek.
Moderator: D. J. Michalczyk.
Tours of Warmia and Mazury
- From Olsztyn to Mikołajki, cruise to Ruciane Nida, and return to Olsztyn
- From Olsztyn to Mikołajki, visit to Gierłoża, concert at the Holy Lipka Sanctuary, dinner in Łężany. Back to Olsztyn.